In this article I will show you how to use the latest preview release of Team Foundation Server available on windows Azure cloud. This preview release have limited invitation codes available for the members to validate the Team Foundation Services on the cloud.
Every user who successfully creates an account (windows life account) will have 5 additional invitation codes that can be distributed to the friends and team to have a work around on the Team Foundation Server with Windows Azure, so if you need an account send request to me I will add you in my TFS preview account since there was limitation of invitations.
Team Foundation Service Preview enables everyone on your team to collaborate more effectively, be more agile, and deliver better quality software.
- Make sure you are using IE 8 or later.
- Download and install visual studio 2011 developer preview from here or you can use visual studio 2010 SP1 after installing this hotfix KB2581206.
- Open this URL (http://tfspreview.com/)
- Click on create account.
- Click on “Click here to register.”
- After receiving an email with invitation code continue the process of account creation.
- Open IE and refer to this page https://TFSPREVIENAME.tfspreview.com
- Register with you Windows Live ID
- Now you are in TFS cloud
In next post i will show you how to use it in visual studio 2011.