Yesterday Microsoft announced a new cloud build service for TFS Azure [TFSPreview].
Previously you were able to do this by configuring build machine outside tfsproview account ,now Microsoft give the option to use another way which is using a pool of build machine managed in the cloud. Actually this is amazing since in many countries windows Azure account not available.
There are some limitations since you cannot control the build machine, as example if you have external configuration or service the build depends on.
To start with this, you need to configure a TFSpreview account first [refer to this post] if you need an invitation code just send me i have couple of codes 🙂
- Open Visual Studio 11 Beta and Open team explorer
- Connect to TFSpreview account using your windows live credentials.
- Select Builds from team explorer
- Click to create new Build Definition
- Add Build definition name
- select version control path for project you need to build.
- As you see below the cloud build controller online, and you can copy build output to course control this a new feature in TFS 11.
- select solution to build.
- Back to team explorer and select refresh, right click on created build definition and select queue new build.
- Validate the queue properties.
- Back to source control to check the output.
Enjoy Build in TFS Azure 🙂