By default the security is allowed for changing states in any work item, if you have a requirement to change it, you need to do small changes in work item template.
In this post i will show you how to control permissions between states.
Export Task work item using below command
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC>witadmin exportwitd /collection:http://[TFSserverName]:8080/tfs/[TFSCollectionName] /p:[Team Projec] /n:Task /f:c:\temp\task.xml
- Open XML file.
- Search for workflow element, there are both states and transitions elements.
- To prevent user creating a Task work item, use below code
<TRANSITIONS> <TRANSITION from="" to="Active" for="[project]\Creators">
- ‘Creators‘ is a group in team project, so you can add as much user as required to have permission.
- So using FOR command attribute in any transition or any state you can control permission.
- And you can use NOT attribute to do the opposite of FOR.