Since i start blogging many users ask’s me what is this tool? you are blogging without give us a brief introduction what is this Team Foundation Server and what’s is the benefits of using TFS? here we are, i will start with an introduction of Team Foundation Server 2010. Continue reading
Actually Shelving/ Unshelving is one of many great features for TFS version control. In this post i will show you haw to use this option in team explorer.
Shelving enable user to store pending changes in user workspace, you could share you code or move the source code to other machine or use it in code review process before you check in your code. Continue reading
In this post I will Implement how to get server path branches and branch history from version control in tfs
1. Add the connect method to the form from this
2. Use this Code to get the information
DataTable _data = new DataTable(”Branches”); _data.Columns.Add(”Branch Path”,typeof(string)); _data.Columns.Add(”Created Date”, typeof(DateTime)); _data.Columns.Add(”ChangesetId”, typeof(int));
- Before going to this, make sure you remove all user pending changes from TFS version control [last post]
- List all application groups, using TF SECURITY [tfssecurity /im n:[user ID] / /collection:http://[servername]:8080/tfs/[CollectionName]]
- If you got [Error: The identity cannot be resolved ] that means (User not exists in TFS or User already deleted).
- Remove application group : [tfssecurity /g Continue reading
Every time when any user leave the IT department there are steps to remove pending changes and security permission from TFS version control. Below is the steps to remove any user changes and groups security permissions. Continue reading
The purpose for this post is to give step by step instructions to get user control TFS version control from outlook email, This is not intended just connect to version control; it is a way to connect to TFS while you are not available in your office, in my case I need to control giving TFS permissions from outside my office.
TFS Service Continue reading
In this Post I will show how to get all changesets history from source control
- Add new C# project.
- Add these API’s references to the project